The SA2020 website was designed to better connect you to the awesomeness of San Antonio. Opportunities listed here will give you the opportunity to invest your time, talent, energy, and money in the areas you wish to help change in San Antonio.
By creating a profile on our website, we will connect you to various organizations within San Antonio that will provide you with opportunities to affect positive changes in our city.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect about you
Personal Information: When you create your SA2020 profile, you provide us with your name, email, address, phone number, gender, and birth date. These are identified by a red asterisk (*) and are required to create your profile and participate in the SA2020 matching system.
During the registration process we give you the opportunity to provide additional profile information, such as where you went to school and where you work, as well as basic demographics.
Once you register you can visit your SA2020 profile at any time to add or remove personal information about yourself. You can add basic information about yourself, as well as update and change your SA2020 Causes and Passions. You can also add information about your education and career and upload a profile picture.
Content. One of the primary reasons the SA2020 profile is to match you to various opportunities provided by organizations in San Antonio that can connect you to the SA2020 Causes that matter most to you.
Site activity information. We keep track of the actions you take on SA2020, such as signing up for an opportunity, when you choose your Cause(s) and Passion(s), when you complete an evaluation, and your attendance at opportunities. In some cases you are also taking an action when you provide information or content to us. For example, when you upload a profile picture, in addition to storing the actual content you uploaded, we might log the fact you shared it.
Access Device and Browser Information. When you access SA2020 from a computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages within the website you visit.
Cookie Information. We use “cookies” (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make Facebook easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you and Facebook. For example, we use them to store your login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to login whenever you come back to Facebook. We also use them to confirm that you are logged into Facebook, and to know when you are interacting with Facebook Platform applications and websites, our widgets and Share buttons, and our advertisements. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use Facebook.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect to try to provide a safe, efficient, and customized experience. Here are some of the details on how we do that:
To manage the service. We use the information we collect to provide our services and features to you, to measure and improve those services and features, and to provide you with support.
To contact you. We may contact you with announcements from time to time. You may opt out of most communications. Our evaluations will be sent to you upon completion of an opportunity. This will help us ensure the opportunities we are providing access to are of upmost quality and content.
To make suggestions. We use your profile information to help you connect with area organizations.
Downloadable software. Certain downloadable software applications and applets that we offer, such as our browser toolbars and photo uploaders, transmit data to us. We may not make a formal disclosure if we believe our collection of and use of the information is the obvious purpose of the application, such as the fact that we receive photos when you use our photo uploader. If we believe it is not obvious that we are collecting or using such information, we will make a disclosure to you the first time you provide the information to us so that you can decide whether you want to use that feature.
In general, we may use information that we collect about you to:
- Match your information to opportunities and nonprofits on our website;
- Manage your account and provide you with support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our opportunities or content, or opportunities or content offered by others;
- Communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about opportunities that may be of interest to you either from us or our nonprofit partners;
- Develop and display content tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- Enforce or exercise any rights in our Terms and Conditions;
- Manage our website.
With whom we share your information
SA2020 helps connect you to organizations. We share your information with our partners when we believe the sharing is permitted by you, reasonably necessary to offer our services, or when legally required to do so.
- Opportunity partners: We may share your personal information, which includes anything you have shared in your profile with opportunity partners with whom you have signed up to participate. These partners uphold the highest degree of privacy and only receive your information if you sign up for one of their opportunities.
- Other Situations.We also may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website Terms and Conditions.
Aggregated and/or non-personal information. We may share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including partners and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes.
How you can access your information
Viewing and editing your profile. If you have an SA2020 profile, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account and clicking Edit Profile & Password.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; sign up for opportunities; participate in a contest, promotion, or survey; ask a question; or initiate other interactions on our website.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We want you to feel confident using our website to get involved. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Information you provide about yourself while using our service
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
301 S. Frio, Suite 450
San Antonio, TX 78207