San Antonio Housing Authority
Founded in 1937, the San Antonio Housing Authority (SAHA) is now the second largest housing authority in Texas. As a nationally recognized leader in the development of innovative and accessible low income housing,
SAHA’s vision is to create dynamic communities where people thrive. It pursues this by providing quality, affordable housing that is well integrated into the fabric of neighborhoods and serves as a foundation to improve lives and advance resident independence.
SAHA’s strategic goals are to:
- Empower and equip families to improve their quality of life and achieve economic stability.
- Invest in our greatest resource – our employees – and establish a track record for integrity, accountability, collaboration and strong customer service.
- Preserve and improve existing affordable housing resources and opportunities.
- Strategically expand the supply of affordable housing.
- Transform core operations to be a high performing and financially strong organization.
- Develop a local and national reputation for being an effective leader, partner, and advocate for affordable housing and its residents.
SAHA serves the housing needs of over 70,000 children, adults and seniors through its Public Housing, Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher and Mixed-Income housing programs. SAHA is one of several housing authorities to be selected by HUD to participate in Moving to Work (MTW) – a national project that seeks ways to increase the cost effectiveness of federal housing assistance, provide families with children an incentive to become economically self-sufficient and increase housing choices for families SAHA continues to move toward its goal of becoming a proactive, solutions-oriented Agency.
As the largest provider of subsidized housing in San Antonio, SAHA is prepared to advocate for affordable housing resources, not only at the local level, but at the national level as well. For more information visit their website at http://www.saha.org/ because opportunity lives here.