8 Years of Driving Progress Toward San Antonio’s Community Vision
Eight years ago, nearly a year and a half after its public visioning launch, SA2020 shifted from the name of the Community Vision for San Antonio to the full-time brand of the organization responsible for driving progress toward the Community Vision.
On May 19, 2012, we went back to where the community visioning all started at TriPoint to launch a version of SA2020.org that helped connect community members to organizations working towards the Community Vision and highlight programs that were helping move the needle on shared results. While SA2020 had officially filed for its nonprofit status in February of that year, it was in May that we officially declared our mission to the community at large.
At the beginning of this year, we publicly declared that we would use the entirety of 2020 to reaffirm and strengthen San Antonio’s Community Vision to take us through the next decade, increasing the number of people who would provide input and guidance on where we go from here through targeted, intentional community engagement. And even with COVID-19 in full effect and the uncertainty of tomorrow, we are not only fully committed to San Antonio’s Community Vision, we know, now more than ever, that it is in our shared goals that we find the path forward.
This list gives a quick summary of what we’ve been up to since our “official” launch as a nonprofit organization in May 2012 and where we are today.
- Produced 16 reports
- Tracked and reported 62 community indicators with one-third disaggregated by race, geography, age, and gender where available
- Hosted 233,322 visitors to SA2020.org
- Aligned 164 multi-sector organizations towards common goals and supported in their impact
- Consulted with 14 cities/communities to develop their own Community Visions
- Connected 138 individuals to nonprofit board training and service
- Hosted 76 community engagement events
- Launched 1 voting resource website on March 16, 2018 with 15,797 visitors to date
- Facilitated 21 cross-sector collaborations
- Provided customized support for 14 multi-sector Partner organizations, including corporations, foundation/funders, government and public institutions, education institutions, and nonprofit organizations, aligning organization impact to San Antonio’s Community Vision
- Connected with 767 individual donors
- Produced 352 blogs by Team SA2020 and community members with 27,613 views
- Launched 1 podcast in partnership with KLRN
- Won 1 national award for Best Community Indicators Project
So far, in 2020 alone, we:
- Engaged 7,651 to reaffirm and strengthen San Antonio’s Community Vision
- Hosted 12 community engagement events—in person and online
- Produced 5 dashboards to aid in COVID-19 decision making with 7,020 visitors
- Launched weisgreater.org on March 18, 2020 with 1,377 visitors to date
- Generated 39 Recommendations for local policymakers and multi-sector organizations to strengthen organizational impact and align their work to the Community Vision
- Provided consultations for 4 other cities on their Community Visions and implementation strategies
For eight years, our sole job has been to keep our eye on and hold the community accountable to San Antonio’s future. Not just any future, mind you, but the one San Antonians envisioned and even mapped. We track and report your prioritized indicators. We align multi-sector organizations toward your vision. We wake up every day with San Antonio on our minds and know that when we work together, even in the middle of a global pandemic, positive community change happens.