Happy International Women’s Day, San Antonio!
Today is International Women’s Day, a day to celebrate girls and women and recommit to building a more gender-balanced world. When we make our own community more equitable, we know we’ll move the needle on our shared goals for all of San Antonio.
If you’re looking for a way to celebrate locally, might we suggest our Nonprofit Partners? Get to know some of the amazing organizations serving and supporting girls and women in San Antonio—and find a way to support them. It might be making a donation today, finding an upcoming volunteer opportunity, or spreading the word about their essential work.
• Alpha Home: serves as a bridge of hope for women seeking freedom from substance abuse by offering spirituality, counseling, prevention resources and interactive education in a safe, compassionate home environment
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Texas: provides children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever
• Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio: enhances the educational, social, and moral development of San Antonio’s youth, ages 6-18 years old, especially those who need them most
• Camp to Success: empowers disadvantaged young ladies to reach their maximum potential through weeklong and weekend camp adventures augmented with a year-round interactions and a full family weekend experience
• Dress for Success San Antonio: helps San Antonio residents find, apply for, and keep jobs
• Family Violence Prevention Services: provides safety and comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence
• Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas: builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place
• Girls, Inc of San Antonio: provides quality out-of-school time programs to empower girls
• Girls on the Run of Bexar County: inspires girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running
• Healthy Futures of Texas: reduces teen and unplanned pregnancy in San Antonio and Texas in order to support the development of strong families and positively impact the future of our community
• Martinez Street Women’s Center: transforms communities through women and girls by providing access to vital health services, quality education, and advocacy
• Planned Parenthood South Texas: provides and protects the health care and information people need to plan their families and their futures
• The Rape Crisis Center: empowers survivors and works to eliminate sexual violence
• Thrive Youth Center: provides a safe and supportive center for homeless LGBTQ youth so they may become productive, skilled, educated, and successful adults with the ability, opportunity, and possibility of achieving their dreams
• Women’s Global Connection: promotes the learning and leadership capacity of women and girls locally and globally
• YWCA of San Antonio: develops personal empowerment and self-sufficiency in women and their families